Our Biennial Fall Event...Saturday, November 12, 2016
WHEN: Saturday, November 12, 2016. Doors open at 12:00. Music, lunch, and kids' activities start at 12pm. Auction starts at 1pm.
WHERE: Thetford Center Community Center (Rt. 113, Thetford, across from the Thetford Center Store)
- Harvest Lunch: an 'all you can eat' selection of soups, pastas, chili, pizza, desserts, and beverages. Plenty of vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and low-sugar options. $8.00 for adults; $4.00 for children under 12.
- Live Music by nationally-renowned, local musician Senayit (music starts at 12 pm)
- Outdoor kid's activities throughout the afternoon, including Capture the Flag (1 pm), donuts on a string, sack races, old fashioned games, corn dolls, scarecrows, and apple prints
- An auction with auctioneer Dean Whitlock (starting at 1 pm). Get a jump on your holiday shopping or find a treasure just for you. This year's selection of auction items include gift certificates for Pompanoosuc Mills, plants, jewelry, books, arts and crafts, gift certificates for local restaurants, passes, classes, entertainment tickets and more!
Mark your calendar for the Open Fields Medieval Festival: Saturday, May 27, 2017Come join the fun of the Open Fields Medieval Festival on Saturday, May 27, 2017 on the Thetford Hill Green from 11 am to 4 pm.
In the past, this event has been named a "Pick for Kids" by the Vermont Chamber of Commerce: "During this family-friendly celebration, the town center comes alive with the sights and sounds of a medieval village. Come in costume... meet Benny the Dragon, and enjoy feats of juggling and acrobatics. Even teens will go home happy." Lunch and snacks, including vegetarian choices, are available at the festival, so bring a friend, bring your appetite, and bring your enthusiasm. We look forward to seeing you there!
Save the Date - Friday, October 6 & Saturday, October 7, 2017...because that's when we'll hold our Great Goose Egg Auction in White River Junction, Vermont. More information coming soon!
Instilling a lifelong love of learning
Open Fields is a small non-graded independent school, just off the common on Thetford Hill, Vermont. Founded in 1971 by Jean K. Aull, Open Fields is open to all children, ages 4 through 12.
Open Fields may be small, but it offers big things. In addition to a small student/teacher ratio, Open Fields offers:
- Self-paced learning
- Art and music
- A warm, family-like environment
- Language instruction
- Outdoor adventures
- Hands-on science
- A strong math program
- Over 8,000 books
- Affordable tuition
- Scholarships for eligible families